||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
Hill-Murray survives Simley in three overtimes
SECTION 4 • CHAMPIONSHIP
• HILL-MURRAY 44, SIMLEY 40 (3 OT): Big blocks and clutch three-pointers kept the score see-sawing in Edina, but second-seeded Hill-Murray outlasted top-seeded Simley in three overtimes Thursday. Olivia Graskewicz paved the way for the Pioneers, scoring 11 points. Simley’s Abby Kain led all scorers with 12 points in the loss.
SECTION 7 • CHAMPIONSHIP
• CHISAGO LAKES 64, GRAND RAPIDS 45: Grand Rapids launched a rally to open the second half, but Chisago Lakes sophomore Sarah Greene stopped the rally in its tracks by scoring nine consecutive points as the Wildcats beat the Thundercats in the section final for the second year in a row. Greene finished with 15 points for the Wildcats, while Bryanna Fernstrom led all scorers with 21 points.
SECTION 4 • CHAMPIONSHIP
• ST. PAUL CENTRAL 58, WOODBURY 47: Sade Chatman scored 19 points and the Minutemen visited the free-throw line 21 times against the Royals, scoring 15 points. Woodbury went 4-for-8 at the foul line. Kristina White and Courtney Schiffler each scored 11 points for Woodbury.
St. Anthony beats buzzer, topples Columbia Heights
SECTION 3 • QUARTERFINALS
• ST. ANTHONY 58, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 57: Mitch Milliren hit a buzzer-beater as seventh-seeded St. Anthony defeated second-seeded Columbia Heights. Only four players scored for the Huskies, who led 29-19 at halftime. Mike Studer led the way for St. Anthony by scoring 20 points. Deon Sanstad scored 18 points for the Hylanders.
SECTION 5 • QUARTERFINALS
• COOPER 78, MAPLE GROVE 67: With Gophers coach Tubby Smith watching from the bleachers, coveted national recruit Rashad Vaughn scored 28 points and grabbed nine rebounds, while Lavar McCullough added 20 points in the fifth-seeded Hawks’ victory over fourth-seeded Maple Grove. Erik Olson scored 33 points for the Crimson.
• CENTENNIAL 62, CHAMPLIN PARK 57: Quin Peterson scored 17 points, and Pierre Roddy added 16 as the sixth-seeded Cougars beat the Rebels. Centennial took advantage of some late Champlin Park turnovers to hit some big three-pointers after JT Gibson’s back-to-back threes gave Champlin Park a late lead. Brennan Witt finished with 13 points and nine rebounds for Champlin Park.
SECTION 7 • QUARTERFINALS
• ANDOVER 57, BLAINE 49: With a 10-point lead over fourth-seed Andover at the half, fifth-seeded Blaine had a victory in sight. But host Andover’s resilient play, and Jake McNallan’s 15 points, helped the Huskies rally for the victory. Andover plays top-seeded St. Francis on Monday. Matt Barthels scored 15 points for Blaine.
Tag(s): News Archive Hub exclusive Star Tribune Hill-Murray Simley Grand Rapids Edina Chisago Lakes Columbia Heights St. Francis Andover Blaine Centennial Champlin Park Maple Grove St. Paul Central Park of Cottage Grove Woodbury St. Anthony